RE: Forbid RAND, require open source compatibility; W3C mission DEMANDS it

From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 00:34:19 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
> It's time for the W3C to demonstrate moral courage, and stand up to the
> few who want to use the W3C as a cover (and abandon it later, once everyone
> has been forced to use only their products).

Yup.

I think that every day that this joke continues in the face of >1000
nays, W3C (and I feel it is right to include Tim Berners-Lee in this)
are lying to the community.

Come on, Tim, stand up and tell joke this is over, or immediately
modify the W3C http://www.w3.org/Consortium/ web pages and tell us
that the W3C goals are now different.

Please choose which lie is going to be the future truth.

Is it http://www.w3.org/Consortium?

Or is it the RAND specification?

Which is it???