From: CRAIG FREEMAN <die2win@harbornet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:11:29 -0700
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

    The proposed RAND fees are most unreasonable set of  "fees" (taxes) that I have ever heard of. Okay the story you'll be telling us next will be something like, "It, (the money collected) will be used to protect the users from web hackers, E-mail virus's or gasp!?  Internet Terrorists!?"
    What I'm seeing is just another group (W3C) corrupted by greed, and too much power,  leveling fees to fatten a few wallets at the risk of killing the Golden Goose. The proposed fees are robbery! We already pay to use the web and if we have a working Website, pay for that privilege also! Not to mention all of the taxes the Feds collect from the B & O taxs, ect. that just about cripple most business's. What's with you people anyway!?
                                                                                    Unhappy in Washington!