Proposed Changes in W3C patent policy

From: Cheryl Flinn <cheryl@pageset.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:41:10 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I wish to concur with Mr. Brodbelt's comments and so many of the
other comments here posted which state the case against this policy
with much clarity and focus. The adoption of this policy would be
abhorrent to all that the internet stands for and would create
unsupportable burdens for all *but* the "big boys".

I am unable to see how W3C is following its stated mission in
proposing such a disgrace.

I most earnestly plead that you seriously consider the measured words
of the many posters speaking against the RAND and put your mind to
aiding communication and not to hampering it.

Most sincerely,
Cheryl Flinn
Designer