Please protect my freedom

From: Hans Insulander <hin@stacken.kth.se>
Date: 02 Oct 2001 22:14:05 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3c.org
It has been brought to my attention that there are plans to allow software
patents into W3C standards.

Unfortunately, that would force me and others who believe in freedom
of speech and thought to not use those standards. This would effectively
kill the Web from being the democratic, free and responsible standard
for publishing information that it is today.

The W3C has a track record of doing a _very_ good and insightful job.
However, this slip has made me loose all the confidence i had in the W3C.

So please keep the same level of integrity and ungreediness that you had
before, and make sure this mistake is corrected.

Thank you,
Hans Insulander
--
--- Hans Insulander <hin@stacken.kth.se>, SM0UTY -----------------------