On RAND and patents

From: Michiel Toneman <michiel@apenstaartje.nl>
Date: 02 Oct 2001 19:16:52 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I'm not going to waste everyone's time writing a long essay on why I
think the RAND proposal is a preposterous idea. I think it has been
adequately worded by (amongst others) Alan Cox an Richard Stallman.

What saddens me greatly is that this proposal got as far as it did,
demonstrating that the W3C must be in serious trouble internally. The
way the proposal was quietly rushed past public comment is telling.

Please use the massive response agains the RAND proposal as a warning
that there are some serious problems within the W3C.

Yours Sincerely,

Michiel Toneman
Technical Director @MSTERDAM
http://www.apenstaartje.nl/

The opinions expressed here are entirely my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.