NO to RAND

From: Bob <bobn@interaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:59:15 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Sirs,

Since the Free Software and Open Source Software communities will not be
able to use technology requiring royalty payments, and since I use
Free and Open Source software almost exclusively, inclusion of technology
requiring royalty payments wil inherently discriminate against me.

Furthermore, the rumored use of the RAND process in other workgroups,
before it is approved, STINKS.

Please don't hand over the w3c standards to the commercial interests.  If
you do, another organization will have to be formed that is open to all,
and you will become irrelevant.

- Bob Niederman