W3C Patent Policy: maybe a glimpse of a bigger picture

From: Paolo Verri <pverri@dnm.it>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:12:36 +0200
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I think there's more than bad news for customer and business.

With IE the de-facto web client standard, and MS heavily involved in W3C since
the XML frenzy, it seems to me a huge leap towards the "de-commoditization" of
open protocols.

As many probably remember that was the main move suggested by the MS analyst to
defeat the open source movement in the famous Halloween MS internal memo.

I think we should stay tuned and pay attention and look with new eyes what's
going on these days...

Paolo Verri