No Rand.

From: daniel smith <websounding@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 08:46:57 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Hello. I would like to offer my personal view on the incorporation of the
RAND relative to web standards. Simply: No Rand. Standards are exactly that:
standards. Companies should be able to license, and profit from creations,
inventions and/or labors that hold (or don't hold) to certain standards, not
the standards themselves. Individuals already pay enough for the
technologies required to publish on the web, without this added cost. It's
like charging people for paper and a pencil, then charging for the right to
use a paper and pencil. Rand bad. Bad Rand. Have a good day.

Daniel Smith
Verizon