Versus RAND

From: <sea@asplinux.ru>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:05:41 +0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
For me RAND sounds like a discrimination of the software and technology I use.
The proposal restricts creating of interoperable software and systems on the
open standards basis by anyone who wants.

It also prevents millions of people (GPL users) from communicating with the
rest of the world in the future and thus forces them to pay for artificially
born patents and discriminate those who can provide better quality or service.

I consider RAND to be really dangerous for the industry and the community as
well as it complicates free interoperation over the network.

--
Best regards,
Sergei <sea@asplinux.ru>

Too much is not enough.