Support for Chris Lilley's comments. Against licensing fees payable for W3C Web standards.

From: Jim Caruso <jim@jimcaruso.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:36:25 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear W3C Patent Policy group:

I strongly support Chris Lilley's comments and observations on the
working group's review of potentially proprietary technologies.  It
is deeply troubling that the potential inclusion of proprietary
technology and the extraction of licensing fees for use of Web
standards was not given greater scrutiny and vetting.

I am deeply troubled by W3C's possible adoption of proprietary
technologies as Web standards.  Any licensing fee payable for Web
standards adopted by W3C in not acceptable for the Worldwide
community.

James W. (Jim) Caruso
Roswell, Georgia U.S.A.