Late comment

From: seb bacon <seb@jamkit.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:55:17 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I appreciate that this comment is late, and the arguments have been
made elsewhere, so I shall keep it brief.

My concerns can be summarised by the appearance of commercial rather
than common interest dictating the terms of this proposal.  It has
been established quite clearly in law that the technologies upon which
the web is based are vulnerable to hostile takeover by commercial
interests, and moreover, that commercial interests are not a necessary
precondition for the continued development of new technology.

seb