w3c patent policy changes

From: <cimarron@taylors.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 02:54:00 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

To whom it may concern,

I understand that it is being proposed that standards which require
the payment of royalties can be included in the W3C framework.

I don't believe this would be a good idea.

Such a policy would require me to strongly recommend to my current and
future employers that they explicitly avoid the standards endorsed by
the W3C unless they are willing to spend a significant sum on patent
research and litigation.

Cimarron Taylor