Idiots

From: John Hall <Gizkmo@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:36:17 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Are you people on DOPE or What!!!!!!!

According to a story from The Register, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is trying to pass a policy that will enable reasonable and nondiscriminatory (RAND) fees for Web-standard products. It is up for public debate until October 11, 2001. At least that's what the W3C is telling us.

If the RAND policy gets passed, and it probably will, we will be charged royalty fees on everything on the Web, including .gif files we use on our sites -- per file. Though it seems like an impossible thing to enforce, in time it will become the standard. It will start at the corporate level, with companies that fail to comply being blacklisted or worse. Then it will filter down to the consumer level.