Re: [Moderator Action] P3P Standards

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:42:50 +0100
To: "Hohl, Steven" <steven.hohl@tallan.com>
Cc: P3P Public Comments <www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 05:22:27PM -0500, Hohl, Steven wrote:
> Rigo,
>
> I had one more question that was unanswered from my last email.
>
> > Do any browsers support this out of the box?  If not, how soon will they
> > support it?

Please see the P3P-Implementations page[1] for more information on
current implementations. Currently, Internet Explorer 6 has already
implemented parts of the Specification. There is a project on P3P in the
Mozilla-Project. I had talks with Opera and I will try to talk with the
Konqueror-People. But exact dates would just be pure speculation.

The most complete implementations of the full vocabulary are for the
moment the JRC-Proxy[2] (Joint Research Center of the European
Commission) and the Privacy Bird[3] from AT&T, which is a plugin.

  1. http://www.w3.org/P3P/implementations
  2. http://p3p.jrc.it/
  3. http://privacybird.com/

Best,