more on the cookie include

From: Clifford Lyon <Clifford.Lyon@cnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:15:49 -0700
To: "'www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org'" <www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org>
I've added the cookie include elements to our policy file. One thing I noticed - the w3c validator doesn't understand the named-attribute syntax in the most recent draft:

<COOKIE-INCLUDE name="mycookie" value="*" domain="*" path="*"/>

Also, when I looked on other sites, all of the sites I saw had the old unnamed ordered name,domain,path syntax. For example:

<COOKIE-INCLUDE>mycookie .mydomain.com *</COOKIE-INCLUDE>

What's the thought about P3P compliant user agents? Should they understand the only the most recent syntax, or should they make an effort to understand both versions? Will the validator be updated?

Thanks,

cpl