From: www-p3p-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:www-p3p-policy-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of yuliang liu
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:57 AM
To: www-p3p-policy@w3.org
Subject: About compact policy error

Dear all:

I am a student doing a P3P demonstration on the site of University of
Sheffield. I have created P3P.xml reference file and policy.p3p policy file,
and both of them can be validated through validator successfully. however,
when I put them in the same root directory (/w3c/)and validate them, the
following error message will appearing:

Step 2-1: Compact Policy Validation

Compact Policy has syntax errors or warnings.

Error: TIA is not valid compact policy element.

Error: No "compact-retention" element exists (at least, one element
required).

Error: No "compact-recipient" element exists (at least, one element
required).

Please give some suggestions to solve the problem, I need it urgently.
thanks

Yuliang
Department of Information Study
University of Sheffield