Re: P3P Implementation

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:17:41 -0400
To: <tony.hogan@wachovia.com>, <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>

>       I am now looking into P3P again and monitor this email distribution.
> I am aware of IBM having a P3P tool, but the early version was very
clunky.
> Does anyone have an opinion on IBM's tool and/or their success in helping
> organizations with P3P?  Do you know of other entities that provide this
> service?

I like the IBM tool. It's not the easiest tool to use, but it is the most
powerful P3P editor I've seen. Some of the tools that are easier
to use have interfaces that are more like a questionaire. But they
most of them don't offer the flexibility that the IBM tool offers. The
recent versions are a lot better than the early versions, so you may want
to take a look at it again.

>       Also, does anyone know of the top issues with P3P?  For example, I
> noticed a comment about Netscape not working with P3P?  Even with IE being
> the top browser, Netscape is still used by enough people to be considered
> in the issues list.

Netscape 7 now has P3P support similar to IE6.

Lorrie

--
Lorrie Faith Cranor - http://lorrie.cranor.org/
P3P Specification Working Group Chair - http://www.w3.org/p3p/