RE: P3P compliance and Tomcat - Resin

From: Joe Dalessandro <jad@situpartners.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:03:07 -0600
To: "'www-p3p-dev@w3.org'" <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>
I thought I would follow up my original thread with this update. The project
changed, and we moved from Tomcat to Resin. We are running RedHat 7.1 with
Resin-2.0.0 in standalone. When we were at the point to deploy we wanted a
single implementation for the HTTP header response. We were pointed to the
HttpServletResponse and response.setHeader("P3P", "CP=...");

There doesn't appear to be a single implementation to change the HTTP header
response when using Tomcat or Resin, our CTO has implemented the correct
response via an include. This may help anyone who is augmenting their HTTP
header response for P3P validation on a Resin or Tomcat JSP platform. The
include becomes the only thing that you need to change to augment your HTTP
header response, or add other responses.

Thanks,

Joe Dalessandro
e: jad@situpartners.com