Re: policy creation summary?

Dear Paul,

from "How to Create and Publish Your Company's P3P Policy (in 6
Easy Steps)"[1], it is mentioned, that we assumed for the design
of P3P, that you first create the human readable privacy policy
and then translate it to a P3P-Policy.

Now you did it the other way around. I understand that, as the
Specification is a really good bullet-point list of what to look
for, if you want to declare the usage of data on your site.

During the New York Interop, someone from PrivacyBot said, they
would even look into translating P3P-Policies back to human
readable. This way, you could even provide multiple languages of
your policy and could just generate them after a change. This
could be done using an XSLT transformation (to XHTML)

But for the moment, there is no script or program to translate
P3P policies back to human readable statements. There are some
attempts, but perhaps we'll see more in the future. If you start
doing that, please share your experience here on the list.

Best,

Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead
mail:rigo@w3.org        2004, Routes des Lucioles
+33 (0)6 73 84 87 31    F-06902 Sophia Antipolis
http://www.w3.org/

  1. http://www.w3.org/P3P/details.html