Ron Rivest's toothbrush

From: Robert Thibadeau <rht@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:34:10 -0500
To: "www-p3p-dev@w3.org" <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, www-p3p-policy@w3.org
Ron is out giving talks that are about 40% on privacy!  We should have
his
distinguished lecture on www.ulib.org (in netshow) sometime, but I
thought
I would share his approach:

He has a unique presentation which is "Ron Rivest's Toothbrush".  The
idea
is a future where your toothbrush has a CPU and an http server and can
report out Ron's behaviors
in the bathroom.   From an EU perspective, I would guess the toothbrush
has to have privacy rights too!
(You can imagine the privacy implications for negotiated privacy in P3P
2.0).

As a final
'cute thought' he shows a picture of the toothbrush on a sink and talks
about the bathroom
cam that is viewing the toothbrush.
Anyway, this concept about the importance of privacy is so compelling I
thought I would
share it.