[EMMA] i18n comment: Use of emma:lang

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 09:26:29 +0100
To: www-multimodal@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

Comment 2
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0704-emma/
Editorial/substantive: S
Owner: RI

Location in reviewed document:
4.2.5 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/#s4.2.5]

Comment:
It's not at all clear to us what the difference is between emma:lang and xml:lang, the relationship between them, or when we should use which. (It might help to create examples that show the use of xml:lang as well as emma:lang.)

[[In order handle inputs involving multiple languages, such as through code switching, the emma:lang tag MAY contain several language identifiers separated by spaces.]]

This is definitely something you cannot do with xml:lang, but we are wondering what is the value of doing it anyway. We are not sure what benefit it would provide.