Re: SMIL Browser

Larry Goldberg wrote:

> thanks for the pointers.  now a developer's question:
> are there working examples or prototype implementations of SMIL, SAMI
> and MHEG or are all still theories and code at this point? any suggestions?

We at CWI are developing a SMIL player and authoring environment
called GRiNS (GRaphical INterface for SMIL).  Public domain Sun, SGI,
and Windows-95/NT player-only versions of GRiNS are expected to be
available in early 1998.  The GRiNS authoring environment will also be
made available at about the same time.  Contact either me or Dick
Bulterman (dcab@cwi.nl) for more information.

-Lloyd

--
Lloyd Rutledge                                         vox: +31 20 592 41 27
CWI (Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica)             fax: +31 20 592 41 99