W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-mobile@w3.org > August 2003

Re: CC/PP S&V schema updates

From: Francesco CannistrÓ <fracan@inwind.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:00:52 +0200
Message-ID: <014c01c36bc1$52086d50$47961d97@Matrix>
To: <www-mobile@w3.org>, "Luu Tran" <Luu.Tran@Sun.COM>
Cc: <sadic@the-web-middle-earth.com>

Hi Luu and DIWG,

This message contains my response to your call [1] as far as SADiC [2] is
concerned.

1. About the namespace URI of the CC/PP schema.
SADiC is not affected by the particular namespace that is adopted since it
can be configured to recognize whatever namespace URI.
However, I note that the choice of the namespace is very important: the
namespace should be defined unambiguously and, once fixed, it should not be
changed throughout the subsequent versions of the WD (neither in new
versions of the specification itself, unless very significant changes occur
to the entire framework's body).
Furthermore, I note that this becomes paradoxically a minor issue if the
contradiction arising from  forcedly stated compatibility with UAProf is not
previously resolved. In fact, if you say that "the namespace used to qualify
xxx MAY be a UAProf namespace", then you must, at least, specify what an
UAProf namespace is. As you should know, it is very difficult to answer to
this question.

2. About the contents of the CC/PP schema.
Since the CC/PP basic structure is always the same, SADiC is not
particularly affected by the changes to the schema.
However, I'm waiting  to learn what happened to the ccpp:anyURI data type in
order to know whether I must remove the implementation of it before
releasing SADiC.
Furthermore, I'm waiting to learn the WG decision about the issue I raised
in point 5 of my earlier review  [3] (regarding the possibility to define
complex hierarchies of component classes). BTW, since SADiC is able to
manage these situations and since I think that this possibility is very
important, I'm orienting myself not to remove this feature whatever your
decision will be.

Best regards,
Francesco CannistrÓ

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-mobile/2003Aug/0002.html
[2] http://www.the-web-middle-earth.com/sadic/
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-mobile/2003Aug/0001.html


----- Original Message -----
From: "Luu Tran" <Luu.Tran@Sun.COM>
To: <www-mobile@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:21 PM
Subject: CC/PP S&V schema updates


>
> The W3C DIWG updated the CC/PP Structure and Vocabularies draft TR [1]
> on July 28, 2003.  Several changes were made to the schemas [2] & [3].
> We now need to bring the documents served at the schema URIs [4] & [5]
> up to date with the draft TR.  We can either change the contents of the
> existing URIs, or reference new URIs.
>
> Could you please let us know if you have an implementation which relies
> on the contents of [4] & [5].  If so, will you be adversely affected by
> the proposed changes to those contents at the existing URIs?
> Alternatively, would you be adversely affected if the TR were updated to
> reference new URIs (thereby making the old URIs non-normative)?
>
> We're trying to gauge the impact of both approaches.
>
> Thanks,
> Luu Tran
> W3C DIWG
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-struct-vocab/
> [2]
>
http://www.w3.org/2003/07/ccpp-SV-PR/WD-CCPP-struct-vocab-20030723/diff-2003
0325.html#xtocid-33666558
> [3]
>
http://www.w3.org/2003/07/ccpp-SV-PR/WD-CCPP-struct-vocab-20030723/diff-2003
0325.html#xtocid-62790564
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/11/08-ccpp-schema
> [5] http://www.w3.org/2002/11/08-ccpp-client
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 26 August 2003 07:01:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 April 2009 13:00:02 GMT