Re: CC/PP S&V schema updates

Hi Luu and DIWG,

This message contains my response to your call [1] as far as SADiC [2] is
concerned.

1. About the namespace URI of the CC/PP schema.
SADiC is not affected by the particular namespace that is adopted since it
can be configured to recognize whatever namespace URI.
However, I note that the choice of the namespace is very important: the
namespace should be defined unambiguously and, once fixed, it should not be
changed throughout the subsequent versions of the WD (neither in new
versions of the specification itself, unless very significant changes occur
to the entire framework's body).
Furthermore, I note that this becomes paradoxically a minor issue if the
contradiction arising from  forcedly stated compatibility with UAProf is not
previously resolved. In fact, if you say that "the namespace used to qualify
xxx MAY be a UAProf namespace", then you must, at least, specify what an
UAProf namespace is. As you should know, it is very difficult to answer to
this question.

2. About the contents of the CC/PP schema.
Since the CC/PP basic structure is always the same, SADiC is not
particularly affected by the changes to the schema.
However, I'm waiting  to learn what happened to the ccpp:anyURI data type in
order to know whether I must remove the implementation of it before
releasing SADiC.
Furthermore, I'm waiting to learn the WG decision about the issue I raised
in point 5 of my earlier review  [3] (regarding the possibility to define
complex hierarchies of component classes). BTW, since SADiC is able to
manage these situations and since I think that this possibility is very
important, I'm orienting myself not to remove this feature whatever your
decision will be.

Best regards,
Francesco Cannistrà

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-mobile/2003Aug/0002.html