Encoding error for special characters...

From: Ashwini Tambi <ashwini_tambi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:43:13 -0800 (PST)
To: www-mobile@w3.org
Hi,
 I am creating a Website for mobile Devices using WML.
 I am using an Emulator  "Nokia Wap Toolkit2.0".
  If a user enters any of the two characters '&' or
'$' in edit box and try to POST the data from the deck
(an ASP page), the Emulator gives an 'Encoding Error'
with the following text :

The following error occured:
Bad name as variable reference.

How to overcome this problem?
Also, Is there any way to restrict the user to enter
any special character.

Thanks with regards,
Ashwini