Horizontal scrolling of text in Select list

From: Ashwini Tambi <ashwini_tambi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:24:09 -0800 (PST)
To: www-mobile@w3.org
Hi,
  I am creating a website for mobile devices. I am
using an Emulator "Nokia Wap Toolkit version 2.0".

In a select list, the text of an item is larger than
what can be displayed in a single line on the mobile
phone screen. So it displays the truncated text
followed by "...". It does not give the complete
information to the user.

Is there any way to display the whole text of the
select option without trimming it ?

 Thankyou in advance
  Ashwini