Re: WAP Competitors ?

You know what, all these movements actually make me wonder about the
long term validity of WAP.

I heard some rumours about NTT DoCoMo thinking of expanding to the US,
and maybe Europe, and personally if they released a phone here on GSM,
which could talk to other networks, but had the capabilites that they
have in Japan (Nice article in the economist about 3 weeks ago about
this), then it would be a no-brainer to buy one.

To the consumers, it doesn't matter about the underlying technology, as
long the killer apps are there... and I think that all these
technologies, and alliances around, and regarding WAP, the whole market
is becoming so blurred...

hmmmm... sorry about the rant.... I just realised that its actually not
a W3C issue...

:)

Sunny