Re: [MathML4] Whitespace and attributes canonicalization in MathML VS HTML5/CSS

Le 01/08/2016 à 23:33, William F Hammond a écrit :

> 1E1 is ridiculous.  For one thing, to my eye, it's 10.0
> (floating point) -- implied by the E notation -- rather than
> simply 10
>
>                                     -- Bill
Not sure I understand your point either. As David said, lengths use
floating point numbers. Gecko's MathML code implement its own parsing to
verify that the number matches the MathML syntax before converting to
float while WebKit's parsing code is simpler and just calls an internal
toFloat method immediately (letting it decide what's the valid syntax).
If MathML aligns on HTML5 and the typical syntax for floats then Gecko's
code could be simplified a bit. Maybe that will also help converters
that generate lengths from via some calculations, I don't know.