Re: Displaystyle and mtable

Le 11/06/2014 15:58, Davide P. Cervone a écrit :
> I take "being present" to mean being specified explicitly or by
> inheritance (in the same way that the mathvariant value is present by
> inheritance in my earlier example).  Since displaystyle is inherited
> (as you pointed out in your first message), I take <mtable> to have
> displaystyle="true" in both of these examples.
I still don't see how MathJax honors 'the |mtable| element sets
|displaystyle| to "false" within the table elements.' when the attribute
is absent. If the inherited value is true, it will set the value to true
with your interpretation. If the inherited value is false, then there is
no need to "set" the value to false. So this sentence from the spec is
irrelevant and it would make more sense to say that the displaystyle
value on the mtable is inherited (unless it is modified by an explicit
displaystyle attribute on the mtable). This is what Gecko used to do.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic