Re: movablelimits attribute on munderover/munder/mover?

On 06/01/2014 12:17, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.  Note that the proposal (if <mi> must
> used) is to put a movablelimits attribute on the
> munderover/munder/mover element not the <mi> so this won't trigger a
> lookup of the operator dictionary. This is similar to the existing
> accent/accentover attributes on munderover/munder/mover that override
> the value on the <mo>.

Ah.

So far in the draft update proposed for MathML3 2nd edition

http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.html

we've avoided any changes that require normative changes to the schema
and have basically restricted to folding in errata, adding
clarifications and textual improvements, and extending some non
normative lists such as menclose notations for cancel.

This would definitely be a schema change, although with a fairly
graceful fallback if the attribute is ignored in existing systems.

That would _definitely_ need an explicit working group decision....

Changing the schema is not without cost, in particular we'd need to push
the changes through to HTML5 validators. But that doesn't necessarily
mean that it shouldn't be done....

David