Re: leading/trailing spaces of operators

On 15/10/2012 12:48, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> On 15/10/2012 12:41, Frédéric WANG wrote:
>>
>>   As I read the spec, the spacing around the <msub> should be 110% of
>> the default value "thickmathspace", not 110% or the current value
>> "10px".
>>
> Or rather, 110% of the value set by the operator dictionary
> (thickmathspace if not found).

I just read David Carlisle's private answer and indeed the 110% should
just be ignored. I misread my own comment in the C++ source... Currently
Gecko caches the default value but the lspace/rspace attributes can be
parsed several times, because of DOM updates for example... I thought
this bug was due to a multiplication at each embellished op level but it
is due to a multiplication at each dynamic update. So that's not a spec
issue.

Regarding negative values, I have the same question for script shifts:
are they allowed? Currently, I think Gecko interprets negative values as 0.