Re: MathML 3.0 conflict with <apply>

From: Andrew Miller <ak.miller@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 12:48:43 +1300
To: www-math@w3.org
On 02/10/12 12:36, Jim Michaels wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter4.html#contm.apply
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter4.html#contm.bind.apply
>
> can you explain these two differing instances?
> if document needs to be corrected, please correct and hopefully get
> back tome,or I will just wait for an update.

I'm not sure I fully understand the point you are trying to convey, but
if you are asking what the difference is between those two sections, it
is that one describes the strict form of apply (which is used purely for
function application), while the other one describes how apply can be
used in non-strict form in place of bind to bind variables.

Best wishes,
Andrew