Re: Mathematical and Scientific Notations

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:12:56 +0200
Cc: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>, www-math@w3.org
To: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>

Le 10 mai 2012 à 00:12, Christoph LANGE a écrit :

> Depending on your plans for this summer you may want to submit part of this to the OpenMath workshop (http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/cicm2012/cicm.php?event=openmath&menu=general) – I would welcome such a submission; for the "representation-language" aspects of your work OpenMath would be a good target.
>
> As far as user interaction is concerned, Paul's MathUI seems a more suitable target; seehttp://www.cermat.org/events/MathUI/12/.
>
> A good workshop paper should answer questions such as
>
> 1. What is the purpose of your work, or a use case for it?  (Well
> 2. How does it relate to previous approaches (such as those mentioned by Paul)
> 3. Is an implementation available?  Or, if not, are you planning to create one?

Add to it:
- coolness (relevance, ease of implementation, potential adoption, ...) of the approach
- originality of the approach

Both things are somewhat subjective but are full of importance to a workshop paper: it's about discussing new ideas. To do so, a prototype view, a video demonstration, or a touchable software with partial functions, are waaaay more convincing than a series of elements' descriptions.

paul