RE: Mathematical and Scientific Notations

Christoph,

Thank you.  I will take a look at versioning the composition into a paper for the indicated workshops.

The latest version of the composition is available here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2012May/0011.html .
On the topic of summer plans, some of my other summer plans include organizing and participating in some new Community Groups (http://www.w3.org/community/).  Some ideas for new groups include: an Argumentation Community Group with a special topic in mathematical proofs, a Planning and Scheduling Community Group, a Natural Language Generation Community Group and a Linguistic Annotation Community Group. With regard to argumentation formats, I'm thinking about interoperability with multiple data types and a default content type of "application/rdf+xml" for succinct utilizations of semantic web content in argumentation structures.  Summarily, a format which can contain or link to other data formats, text- and XML-based, utilizing parallel markup techniques.  Such a Community Group could discuss, compare, and contrast existing formats, some of which originated from mathematical approaches, and could possibly arrive at a new format for representing multiple forms of argumentation: conversational, mathematical, sientific, legal and political.
With regard to a Planning and Scheduling Community Group, a preliminary idea is an XML-based representation format with JavaScript interoperability. The other two Community Group ideas pertain to natural language technologies.  Natural language generation techniques could add to the existing natural language recognition and synthesis technologies in the web stack.  XML-based linguistic annotation could augment XML-based documents for purposes including prosodic speech synthesis. Each of those four Community Group ideas sounds interesting to me.  I would be also interested in hearing about any ideas for Community Groups that others might have.   Kind regards, Adam