Re: Using content-MathML for computation and analysis in Science and Engineering

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:22:16 +0000
To: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
CC: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
On 20/03/2012 23:07, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk

> is "defequal"  an agreed symbol in MathML or would it need to be
> defined in a CD?

No I just made it up while writing the email, sorry f that wasn't clear.

You could use assignment from the prog1 cd which is probably the nearest
thing to an existing convention in this area, but I'd suspect that
you'll end up wanting custom programming constructs and it may be easier
to use a consistent set even if the functionality overlaps existing
uses. It depends really. Hard to give advice (and as you see) you'd get
different advice depending on who you ask:-)