Re: Styles of using p-MathML

From: Joe Trenton <joe.trenton.iii@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:22:04 -0500
To: www-math@w3.org
I'd wish the MathType translator would not generate stretchy='false' for
the two parentheses in (T) in the sample expression. The presence of the
'false' stretchy attribute has no effect in MathFlow, but it messes up the
horizontal spacing in a second MathML engine we are using. I had to
manually delete this attribute way too many times than I'm willing to
admit. What is the rationale for including it in the output translation?

---snip---
<mrow>
<mo stretchy='false'>(</mo>
<mi>T</mi>