Re: Unitless width and height in mglyph

On 07/01/2012 12:56, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I read chapter 2 correctly, unitless width/height on mglyph should
> be interpreted as multiple of the original image size:
>
> "The default value, or how it is obtained, is listed in the table of
> attributes for each element. (See also Section 2.1.5.4 Default values
> of attributes.) A number without a unit is intepreted as a multiple of
> the default value."
>
> However, in these pages from the MathML test suite, the size
> attributes are used as if they were "px". I guess units are missing.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/mathml3/Presentation/TokenElements/mglyph/mglyph_aspect-full.xhtml
> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/mathml3/Presentation/TokenElements/mglyph/mglyph_aspect_gif-full.xhtml
> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/mathml3/Presentation/TokenElements/mglyph/mglyph_stretched-full.xhtml

BTW, these tests use a negative valign to lower the bottom of the
images. This valign is expressed as a percentage apparently assumed to
be with respect to the height of the image. But again by chapter 2, this
should be a percentage of the default value for valign (which is 0) and
so should not have any effect...

Example 3.2.1.2.3 is the same as the first test (but without valign). So
the bottom of the image should be aligned with the baseline but that
does not seem to be the case in the screenshot...