Re: MathML 3 Index errata

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:17:26 +0000
To: Florian Scholz <elchi3@elchi3.de>
Cc: www-math@w3.org
On 26/12/2011 16:00, Florian Scholz wrote:
> Hello,
> while assembling a list of MathML 3 elements and attributes I came
> across some entries in the MathML 3 Index
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/appendixi.html) and I was wondering
> whether the following elements or attributes are actually part of MathML 3:
> - An element "malignscope" is referenced and points to the description
> of Alignment Markers
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter3.html#id. "Future versions
> of MathML may provide an malignscope element that allows an alignment
> scope to be created around any MathML element [...]" I think that means,
> that MathML 3 does not specify such an element yet, correct?
> - An element "mfraction" is referenced and points to an example section
> for merror (http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter3.html#id. As
> this is a sample for wrong markup, "mfraction" doesn't exist, does it?
> - An element "malign" is referenced but isn't specified anywhere.
> (Mentioned wrongly according to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2011Sep/0001.html)
> - An attribute "monospaced" is referenced and points to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter2.html#fund.attval but I can't find
> anything about such an attribute there.
> Regards
> Florian

Thanks again for these.

Hopefully they are all captured in

The fixes have also been made to the editor's draft of MathML3, which is
available to W3c members. (The machine hosting a copy in public space is
temporarily unavailable (hard disk failure) but hopefully will be
restored soon.

$ cvs commit -m "errata from Florian Scholz"
Documents/mathml3-errata.html Group/spec/xml/fundamentals.xml
Checking in Documents/mathml3-errata.html;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Documents/mathml3-errata.html,v  <--  mathml3-errata.html
Checking in Group/spec/xml/fundamentals.xml;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/spec/xml/fundamentals.xml,v  <--  fundamentals.xml
Checking in Group/spec/xml/presentation-markup.xml;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/spec/xml/presentation-markup.xml,v  <--

google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle