Re: Namespace prefix or not?

On 02/04/2012 05:30 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 04/02/2012 20:54, Bruce Miller wrote:
>> he<mumble mumble>  validator at w3,
>> http://validator.w3.org/, has nice analysis,
>> but is dtd-based and only recognizes the NON-prefixed
>> form. I've never found such a convenient online
>> service doing relaxng validations (so do it at home).
>

> http://validator.nu/
>
> Will do xhtml validation if you serve the file with an xml mime type or
> you choose an xml parser in the "more options" There is an instance of
> the v.nu validator hosted at w3c somewhere but I forget where.

Ah, yes; I was aware of it as an html5 validator,
but hadn't noticed that it did xhtml+mathml.
That's good to know!
although it's probably a good thing to write html
that validator.w3.org can validate as well, if there's
no other reason not to.

> v.nu is a relax ng based validation augmented with a lot of custom java
> code to get more specific (x)html specific error reporting.

Yep, friendlier than a straight xmllint or such!

Thanks;
bruce