Re: Bug in test suite

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:08:43 -0400
To: W3C MathML Development Discussion <www-math@w3.org>
I'm looking at the commutative diagram in the page
http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/TortureTests/Complexity/complex1-full.xhtml

The diagram is effected with an mtable having 3 cells in each of
3 rows.

It seems that the markup effect of the reference image is intended
to be achieved using
          <mspace height="100px" width="150px"/>
in the middle cell rather than leaving the middle cell empty.

Is this a normative technique?

It works very well in one browser that I'm looking at and is rather
grotesque in another (on a different platform with different fonts).

It would seem better to be able to specify arrow lengths.

As to what "works" now, the rendering of this diagram will, I think,
be acceptable on both of these platforms if (1) the middle cell is
left empty and (2) long horizontal arrows, i.e., U-27F5 and U-27F6 are
used.

                                    -- Bill