Re: LC Disposition documents

On Jul 15, 2010, at 6:23 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

> On 15/07/2010 22:33, Patrick Ion wrote:
>>
>> I have updated and committed the Last Call Dispositions documents,
>> which can be accessed through
>> http://www.w3.org/Math/lastcall3/Overview.html
>>

> I'm pretty confused by the document I think,
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/Documents/lc-changes.html
>
> which versions of the  document is detailing differences between?

Oh, dear!  The lc-changes.html is supposed to document the changes from the
CR document to that which we offer for PR.  These result from the two LC
periods.  I think the preamble says that.  In any case I think there are 8
new entries added which have [LC2] labels.
> The first column points to the undated version of the diff marked spec in Tr space eg
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter3-d.html#presm.intro
>
> which is the diff between LC2 and the earlier CR
>
> I was going to suggest all links should use the dated form
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-MathML3-20100610/chapter3-d.html#presm.intro
>
> to clarify that but
> then realised you also have newer diffs eg the lax schema one in 6.4 which also links to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter6-d.html#world-int-combine-other
>
> but that doesn't show the diff.
That last is something I didn't catch and presumably have to adjust. I think
we need as the diff that between final PR and CR.  That's what a Team Meeting
might worry about.

> Shouldn't this be two documents one detailing the diff between LC2 and CR and one detailing the diff between the proposed PR and LC2 9which could link to draft-spec eithet in Group/member or my public copy at monet.nag.
>
> or it could be one document as now but pointing to different diff marked versions, but that's probably harder to maintain or understand.

I noted above what I think the intent was.  Of course, with only 8 new entries
it isn't hard to break things out into an lc-changes (exactly as was) and lc2-changes
with diff between PR and LC2.  I thought the point was PR relative to CR.

	Patrick