Re: How do you divide?

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:36:36 GMT
To: dani@wiris.com
Cc: smwatt@gmail.com, www-math@w3.org

>  The whole list is automatically doubled if you omit the step of
> writing the "auxiliary products". For example, in Spain we do not use to
> write them. See attached image. So maybe it should be a way to specify that.

Actually the mathml doesn't have any special markup for the stack of
calculation so you can I think just use shortstackedrightright
but omit the rows of the mlongdiv with mn corresponding to the products
and the mlines to get the layout that you show.

so something like

<mlongdiv longdivstyle="shortstackedrightright">
  <mn> 435,3</mn>
  <mn> 3 </mn>
  <mn> 1306</mn>
  <msgroup position="2" shift="-1">
    <msgroup>
      <mn> 10</mn>
    </msgroup>
    <msgroup>
      <mn> 16</mn>
      <mn> 1,0</mn>
    </msgroup>
    <msgroup position='-1'>
      <mn> 1</mn>
    </msgroup>
  </msgroup>
</mlongdiv>

(untested as I haven't got an implementation of this yet)