elementary math proposal

From: Neil Soiffer <neils@dessci.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:44:14 -0700
To: <www-math@w3.org>
Apologies for not getting this done much, much sooner (and apologies to
Stephen Watt with whom I was suppose to collaborate on the first draft).
I have attached a proposal for 2d addition, subtraction, and
multiplication.  It also does the core of what some long division
notations do, but it probably needs to be combined with some other
element to get the outside part of a long division right.

I tried to get this into the Wiki, but I couldn't find a way to get it
to accept the HTML source.  It is really picky!  Hence, it is attached.

    Neil