Re: Contributing to MathML 3 ?

Dear Chris,

Am 16.05.2007 um 06:02 schrieb Chris Chiasson:

> Hey, there have been some questions about JEuclid on the docbook-apps
> list. I keep recommending that people use SVGMath instead (it does an
> especially good job with baseline shifts in fo output), but I think
> (based on others statements on the fop mailing list) that JEuclid has
> a better chance of being able to accommodate more advanced features,
> such as line-wrapping of MathML.

Of course I would have to disagree with your recommendation, but this
is my personal bias :). Can you please provide an example / reference
to a problem with the baseline shift? A general problem with inline
equations in xsl-fo renderers is the position of the baseline, are
you referring to this? Or is it something in formulas as images?

JEuclid  does not have a linebreak algorithm at this time, but your
mail got me started thinking.

One problem with JEuclid was that it was almost abandoned for a
while, and has only recently received some new momentum. So any
experience with the "old" (=2) version may greatly differ from the
current (3.0beta) version.

Max Berger
e-mail: max@berger.name

--
PGP/GnuPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4
BC7E072AB73AE81592BC