Re: display="block" question

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:16:20 +0100
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: hammond@math.albany.edu, www-math@w3.org
It has been our experience that centered-math should rather be a
paragraph style.
This responds to the requirement of having formulae that are semantic
(and thus wouldn't bear a spurious period) and to have several formulae
in one line.

When going to XHTML+MathML, this i pretty easy to map out... just center
take care of putting the displaystyle in every math element.

paul

PS: I tend to be an non-friend of mtext... (and this saves the trip of
depth one compound-documents!)