Re: MathML-in-HTML5

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:48:27 +0100
To: bruce.miller@nist.gov
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> But David, you're _assuming_ XML rules for interpretting
> namespaces! :>

yes but I was answering Bill Hammond's question about
>> In application/xhtml+xml there seems to be more than one understanding...
so xml is implied here (despite the subject line)

> While I certainly sympathize with Bill on wanting to
> have such nesting possibilities, I'm not fond of adding
> in little bits here & there.  I'd much rather push for
> a proper solution at the level of compound documents.

We're in total agreement here, although whether that's because we've
independently come to a naturally correct conclusion or if it's just
that we've both been fully absorbed into the collective group-think of
the working group, it's hard to tell...