Re: MathML-in-HTML5

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:13:00 +0100
To: rbs@maths.uq.edu.au
Cc: ian@hixie.ch, www-math@w3.org, dev-tech-mathml@lists.mozilla.org

> That example wasn't suggesting anything special about the literal "m"
> indeed -- what it instead suggested was that the prefix string had to be
> declared in the <html>. Right?

Yes, the prefix is arbitrary.
In IE (in html mode) it has to be there and the binding of the prefix to
the rendering component is explicit in the page. I don't think anyone
would want mozilla to have either of those restrictions. If though it
_allowed_ a prefix on <m:math> in html mode it would enable pages to work
in ie and mozilla at the same time, which is never a bad thing, really.