Re: MathML-in-HTML5

From: Roger B. Sidje <rbs@maths.uq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:41:16 +1000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, www-math@w3.org, dev-tech-mathml@lists.mozilla.org

On 4/10/2006 9:19 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> So basically, it's the same as tag soup. I don't really see an advantage
> to going down that route (with its complexities like namespace prefixes,
> etc)

One could also think that prefixed tags are random tags in general.

Is it because you are thinking globally w.r.t. multiple mixings? Such as
<m:tag> <n:tag>...</n:tag> </m:tag>?

(I am not sure what IE does if n: is attached to a plug-in.)

If it just for the single MathML containment, the starting patch that I
made emulates what IE+MathPlayer does:

<m:math>...</m:math> in the document

or

<math xmlns="mathml-namespace">...</math>
with no need for a declaration in <html>

(So it is a proof-of-concept of that emulation, and as the patch showed,
not that invasive to emulate.)
---
RBS