Re: need help with Math Player compatibility (via specifying the DTD on an XHTML page)

From: Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:00:18 -0600
To: paul@activemath.org
Cc: "Robert Miner" <robertm@dessci.com>, www-math@w3.org

On 11/23/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> However, I think most user-agents and servers implement that... is a
> wrong belief of me ?

Well, if one believes Netcraft, most of the servers on the internet
are running Apache httpd, and it doesn't give special attention to the
order of items in the HTTP Accept header, AFAIK. However, content
negotiation isn't necessary if a file is requested by its full URL -
and I'd guess that's fairly common. However, I would like to be able
to give out one URL and have the server negotiate which file to send
(xhtml or html) to the client.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/