RE: Questions About function of MathML

There are several projects are working on MathML to braille translation.
See
<http://www.w3.org/Math/Software/mathml_software_cat_accessibility.html>
for a list of some of them.  See also www.jjb-software.com for another
(open source) option.

As you probably know, there are many different braille codes, so you
need to decide which code(s) you wish to support.

Although it can be a valuable experience to start from scratch and write
something of your own, I think a much more valuable real-world
experience is to pick up what someone else has started and add features
to it or otherwise help make is a better solution.  This is what you
will experience most often if you choose to join a software company
after school.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
neils@dessci.com
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of Equation Editor, MathType, MathPlayer and MathFlow ~