RE: Questions About function of MathML

From: Robert Miner <robertm@dessci.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:27:46 -0800
To: "Chan, Jason" <jason.chan@imperial.ac.uk>, <www-math@w3.org>

MathML is not an application, but a format for encoding math
expressions.  There are many existing converters from various formats to
MathML, and import/export functions in existing applications like Maple,
Mathematica and MS Word+MathType that save out MathML.

See http://www.w3.org/Math/Software/ for a listing of some of the
possibilities.  Note that there are some other projects working on
producing braille for mathematics in that list that may be of interest
to you as well.

Robert Miner
Director, New Product Development

Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California  90802
Tel:  (651) 223-2883
Fax:  (651) 292-0014
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor,
TexAide ~